College Heights Pet Sitters
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on July 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM||comments (178)|
Needed more space, so nowThe Blog By A Doghas room to stretch out, relax and let her creative juices flow. Follow Barcies Blogat: http://barciesblog.blogspot.com/
|Posted on February 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM||comments (117)|
(From the humans: Finally, Barcie has put pen to paper or should we say toenail to keyboard)
Barcelona the whippet here. The title,"Barcie's Big Break" refers not only to my blog, but to the events a few weeks back.
During the “Blizzard of 2011” the humans let us critters out in the front yard, thinking that brother Kobe and I would never stray during a snowstorm. If you know anything about us whippets you know we DO NOT like the cold and spend much of the winter lying under blankets and comforters, a
nose length from the space heater, always seeking warmth. But, that day Kobe and I were ready for a little adventure. Kobe had been dreaming of long johns, but not the woolly kind. Doughnuts, I mean. With nuts, or sprinkles or chocolate frosting, danishes, croissants, fritters, bear claws, all available for a few coins at the local Dom's Bakery. We can always smell the fryers during our neighborhood walks. PLUS with a steaming hot
cup of Joe, what could be better? So, suddenly we were free, racing down the sidewalk, leaping over snow banks. The humans gave chase but they might as well have been standing still for all the good their little, dumpy legs were doing (I'm sure the humans MUST be 50+, I suspect older). Suddenly, the bakery was within sight as we turned the corner on Washtenaw Avenue. We were sooooo, so close and we weren't going to let a little traffic get in the way of our big outing! Suddenly, our humans were upon us with their car, and their waving arms and the look of terror on their faces (sigh) running to capture us and take us home. They were "worried" about us getting hit by cars. Oh – those humans are so controlling. They think they own us!
So, any of you pets out there want to weigh in on this? How do your humans squelch all of your big-time doggie fun? How 'bout a revolt against the leash!
|Posted on January 17, 2011 at 12:39 PM||comments (146)|
Barcie is scratching her head and dreaming up ideas for her blog. Before she gets started, we want to explain why she’s the writer instead of us. We promise it will be all Barcie after this.
1. Well Rested. She gets over 20 hours of sleep per day; she can’t claim to be tired.
3. An Unexplored Life. Barcie is a rescue dog so we don’t know much about her former life. Maybe we’ll gain some insight into her past through her writing.
4. Lots and Lots of Time. We, the humans, have to work at silly jobs most of the day, while she’s got time on her paws.
5. A Unique Voice.Look on the internet. There are pet blogs, but where are the ones written by dogs?
6. Better Insight. Dogs may be a better judge of character than we are. They don’t care what you wear or what kind of car you drive. They know deep down what you’re made of.
7. Self Fulfillment. After being a show dog in her previous life, Barcie longs to develop her inner soul.
Doesn't she look deep and thoughtful?
8. Boredom. Since Barcie can’t jump over the fence anymore, her favorite hobby of escaping is no longer an option. She’s been sharpening her pencils for weeks in anticipation of her new blog!